Yes, it’s been years since I’ve been even remotely interested in Pacman. He and Mrs. Paman had their day in the limelight, and it was good. But now he’s come back, and on a platform I would never have guessed – Google Maps. Oh yes, it’s true.
This does, of course, beg the question – how much free time do the good people and Google have on their hands? I mean, I’m running from sunrise to sunset and can still barely manage my responsibilities, but these guys – Hah!
In this incarnation, Pacman collects dots and hunts ghosts on your favorite suburban street. Just go to Google Maps, find your favorite address (for this purpose I used my work address) and click the Pacman button at the bottom left corner of the screen. The same thing goes for mobile devices, although only in certain locations – use the clue list Google provided below to find where.
- Don’t drop the ball on the eve of your victory!
- Triumph is délicieux.
- Does a Galaxian bonus await at the top of those 272 steps?
- Chomp your way to independence down seven lanes of July.
- PAC-MAN and Ms. PAC-MAN can’t agree on which side is prettier: the American or the Canadian. Which side do you fall on, eh?
- After a chat with the Sphinx, PAC-MAN sounds more like “Dokki Dokki”.
- Pause game play to admire Chagall’s stained glass windows and have a bit of chocolate.
- Can you score 10^(10^100) points?
- Whether they’re flashing blue or sporting their natural colors, Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde are always kakkoii. Even Vogue agrees they’re living in the trendiest of neighborhoods.
- Previous PAC-MAN lives don’t get to rest in a white marble mausoleum.
- Head to the valley of the sun and earn your grade in the art of the game.
- How well can you navigate the radiating streets of the distrito federal?
- Victory is like gothic glockenspiel musik to our ears.
- Pay special attention to Blinky – he might blend in with the dreaming red kangaroos!
- You’ll find the Beach PAC-MAN World Cup here before long.